Five times bigger than the previous store and spread over three customer-facing floors, the new Lush Liverpool boasts 1,380 sqm of retail space that’s big enough to fit over 9 million of its famous bath bombs.
After a nine-month transformation, Portview handed over the largest Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics store in the world, located in the heart of Liverpool.
From high-street to high-end, Portview specialises in creating beautiful retail environments that promise to delight and beguile retailers and shoppers alike.
2019 Best Retail Design
The characterful scheme emphasises the building’s original features to achieve a look inspired by the character of traditional department stores and be both sustainable and synonymous with the cosmetic brand.
Materials include reclaimed FSC certified timbers, brick, and Cradle to Cradle Silver tiles, which complement the injection of fresh, citrus colours from the 300 new products on display. The carefully crafted, contrasting textures help to add visual weight to the space and creates a sense of wholesomeness.
At a time when revitalisation is needed more than ever, the new destination shop aims to bring more innovation and creative personal experiences than ever before to the high street.
New services and experiences include:
- A Hair Lab offering treatments and cutting services.
- A Permanent Florist selling locally sourced and seasonal bouquets
- Handmade Fresh products made onsite
- A Perfume Library selling exclusive Perfumes and books on Perfumery
- Shop floor Lush Spa treatments including a brand new Liverpool exclusive percussion massage – ‘Shop don’t Drop’, and a Fresh Facial
- There is also a new look Lush Spa with six treatment rooms, an exciting party area with new Party Packs, a coffee/tea kiosk and an abundance of innovative and exclusive new products across makeup, skincare, bath, hair and music.
“As well as delivering Lush’s new concept design, we’ve had the pleasure of restoring this historic building to its former glory. Working alongside Lush’s design team, we introduced columns clad in Portland stone to enhance the shopfront and designed a new balustrade for the 1920’s style staircase. Every detail has been carefully considered to create a fully immersive brand experience. The dedication from everyone involved has been incredible from start to finish”