As Planner you will be responsible for creating, maintaining and administering construction schedules and plans on a variety of projects to ensure programmes are delivered on time, on budget and that change is captured and controlled. You will actively lead and support in the creation of various plans and schedules in collaboration with the execution teams.
You will work with Quantity Surveyors, Contract and Project Managers to encourage project management best practice, while promoting the use of developed schedule related strategies and tools within the programme and project planning.
Closing date for completed applications 26th February 2021
Main tasks & duties.
• Provide and achieve consistent, accurate and reliable programme data.
• Develop project specific Programmes, Method Statements and Logistics Plans during the estimating phase.
• Develop Design Deliverable Programmes in conjunction with the Design Manager and CAD department.
• Develop Project Programmes to measure progress, including critical path analysis. This will include Procurement
Programmes, Commissioning and Completion Programmes.
• Communicate the planned intent both internally and externally.
• Review and challenge subcontractor programmes including methods and logistics; compare them to the Project
programmes to ensure they are fully aligned.
• Provide detailed Sub-Contract Delivery Programmes for inclusion in Sub-Contract Tenders.
• Check subcontractor programmes for compliance with the Project Programmes.
• Suggest recovery actions or programme betterment opportunities.
• Measure progress and report against the programme targets.
• Input to the Project Risk and Opportunities Register both during the estimating and construction phases where required.
• Assist in researching alternative product or systems in conjunction with the Project Team.
• Input as requested into the review of any subcontractor claims for delay and/or costs and provide detailed programme
evidence relating to the claim.
• Ensure the quality procedures in respect to his/her duties are implemented.
• Provide input to “Wash-out” meeting post-completion.
• Introduce improvements where appropriate to areas of responsibility.
Experience producing project plans in Microsoft Project and Asta Powerproject.
You will have a proven background as a construction planner or project planner, with experience in a range of sectors.
Ability to work across multiple projects at the same time to different levels of involvement.
You will hold a good level of understanding of commercial forms of contract.
Experience supporting operational and commercial teams in developing, negotiating and agreeing extension of time and other contractual claims.
Ability to produce monthly reports to work with internal and our Clients’ reporting cycles.
Experience in carrying out planning duties in line with common forms of construction including NEC ECC and JCT.
Performance Related Bonus
Westfield Health Health Cash Plan
Death in Service Insurance
Income Protection Insurance
Flexible Benefits Platform
Interested? Get In Touch…
Which one of our clients are you looking forward to watching most after lockdown is lifted?
In the hope of fans being allowed back to their fav venues this summer to watch the sport and teams they love, whic… https://t.co/d9N8oIhDaq