In this role you will be responsible for assisting the Senior QS in managing all costs relating to the project, from the initial calculations to the final figures. You will also assist in minimising the costs of the project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality. You will keep track of any variations to the contract that may affect costs and create reports to show profitability. This should be done with a can do attitude. You will work autonomously using your fit out/construction knowledge to problem solve and make decisions on a daily basis.
In this role you will assist with the following:
• Maximising contribution from jobs in the context of developing long term income streams for the company, and long term subcontract relationships.
• Effective reporting of project and future work information in the monthly reports.
• Effective management of Work In Progress.
• Input into budgeting process
• Managing all drawings received and continually updating site re the superseded drawings.
• Getting a briefing from the estimating department as to the work we have undertaken to do and the price we have agreed to do it for.
• Ensuring that any client we are working for has agreed payment terms which are understood at the outset and that we have credit checked the client.
• Ensuring that an official order is received from the client prior to the commencement of works.
• Getting three quotations for all work elements prior to placing of orders for the purposes of price comparison.
• Invoicing our work to clients in accordance with agreed terms and client requirements.
• Weekly notification of all variations with costing to the client and provision of all back up information as necessary.
• Preparation of final account with all back up information as requested within two months of practical completion.
• Substantiating and agreeing final accounts in a such a way as to maximise profitability and cashflow.
• Ensuring that all variations are claimed.
• Ensuring all retentions are claimed when due from the client.
• All subcontractor payments and valuations including management of all sub contractor variations.
• Pricing of repeat work and assisting estimating with peak workloads as required.
• Weekly cost analysis and projected profit accruals on all live projects.
• Setting up of all job folders and on both hard and soft format
Third level qualification in a related discipline and/or previous experience working in a similar role within the Fit-Out industry.
Previous experience within a similar role
Understanding of JCT/NEC contracts
Experience of Microsoft office, particularly Excel, Word & Outlook
Performance Related Bonus
Westfield Health Health Cash Plan
Death in Service Insurance
Income Protection Insurance
Flexible Benefits Platform
Interested? Get In Touch…
Well done to our very own Norma McKibbin, who was recognised at this year's @BritSafe International Safety Awards,… https://t.co/ctyJYEgR2B
As we inch our way closer to normality with further easing of restrictions in England, our MD @moderntimes1000 spok… https://t.co/YLLIvKA4zh